Featured Post

Doctor Who: Series 11 Trailer Released!

Following the teaser released during the World Cup final. The BBC have finally released a proper trailer ahead of it's supposed air...

Martin Freeman almost missed out on Sherlock role due to bad audition

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Martin Freeman has revealed that he almost missed out on the role of Dr Watson in Sherlock.

The 42-year-old star of The Hobbit revealed to Radio Times, that his first audition was not successful after being a victim of robbery earlier in the day.



Freeman said that he felt distracted in the audition and meeting with producers, after he was targeted by a thief and had his wallet stolen.

"I'll admit maybe I was a bit stressed," said the actor, who stars alongside his real-life partner Amanda Abbington in the third series of the hit BBC One drama - which returns next week.

"But a week later my agent rang and said, 'Listen, this Sherlock thing, they're sort of under the impression you weren't that into it.' And I said 'Oh... I am really interested. Please call them and let them know that I am interested.' I wasn't being blase about it at all. I just wasn't on my best day."

Freeman then added that it was a chemistry test with co-star Benedict Cumberbatch that ensured he got the role.

"I came in again, read with Benedict and it instantly worked, it seemed to me... I thought he was a fantastic actor and there was something about our rhythms, similarities and differences that meant that it just happened."

Sherlock returns on BBC One, January 1, 9pm.

Source: Digital Spy

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP